The European Forum for Industrial Biotechnology and the Bioeconomy (EFIB) is EuropaBio’s flagship event for industrial biotechnology and the bioeconomy. EFIB’s Start-up Village is a central meeting point in the exhibition area, bringing together innovative young businesses with investors as well as industrial corporations. It offers a number of founders who are active in industrial biotechnology and the bioeconomy strong visibility to the approx. 500 EFIB attendees, while providing a valuable opportunity for networking and exchange. EFIB 2022 will provide a dynamic discussion platform for industry experts, CEOs, policy makers as well as various stakeholders of the industrial biotechnology ecosystem to interact with one another, under our main theme Next Generation Economies: Industrial Biotechnology for a sustainable society.
Participation in the Start-up Village includes:
- Free spot in the Start-up Village and free access to the 1:1 conference partnering
- Free admission for one company representative to EFIB and reduced fee for other company representatives
Start up hour at EFIB
- Selected start up village participants will also have a pitching slot during our dedicated “Start-up Hour” on October 26th
How to apply?
We invite founders to apply for the Start-up Village if they are active in industrial biotechnology and bioeconomy with a business focus on new bio-based technologies, services, or industrial application for the following areas/sectors:
- Food, feed and nutrition
- Bioprocesses and Technologies
- Sustainable Biomaterials
Your application should include a pitch deck (PDF with a max of 25 pages) with the following information:
- Business idea and state of science/technology & development phase of the bio-based solution
- Targeted application area(s)/sector & market volume
- Outlook of the next milestones (3+ years)
- Overview of funding team and management
Application deadline: 15th July 2022
If you are interested, please fill out the following form.