The project “Trusted Badge Systems” aims at fostering the use of ‘Open Badges’ in European youth work in cooperation with the employment market. Open Badge is a visual representation of individual learning and achievements. Every badge contains meta-data which describes learning process, criteria and achievements of badge owner. They offer innovative ways to visualise learning pathways and document learning achievements. Badges are usually organised into badge systems helping to organise any learning and adapt it to the individual needs of target groups.
Main Aim of the Project
Cross-sectoral consortium of partners from Lithuania, Netherlands, Spain and Germany are aiming to integrate technological innovation of Open Badges and increase the quality of youth work field by creating unique digital non-formal learning recognition systems using Open Badges standard in the field of youth work. These badge systems will be created and endorsed in close cooperation with the representatives from the employment sector in each country.
- To build/review comprehensive competence framework for the non-formal education programmes provided by partner organisations in cooperation with the representatives from the employment sector.
- To design and test Open Badge systems, allowing to recognise young people’s non-formal learning results.
- To achieve endorsement of employers for the created badge systems and increase social recognition of non-formal learning in this way.
- To create seamless experience for young people to manage their own non-formal learning evidence by creating online systems of Education Quests and mobile application, allowing to issue, earn and manage Open Badges instantly and via mobile devices.
- To disseminate project results and build the base for the wider use of created and employers’ endorsed Open Badge systems across Europe and across various fields of education.
Project will develop Open Badge systems specific to youth work programmes implemented by project partners. To achieve this the significant development of this project will be the production of two digital products:
- Online system of Educational Quests
- Mobile application will be developed for two major platforms Android and Apple iOS. It will enable young people to access their online profile of achievements; to review existing projects they are in and quests to be accomplished.
Association of Non-formal Education in Lithuania
- Lithuania: Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists, non-governmental organization “Social Action”, Order of Malta Relief Organization in Lithuania.
- Germany: Deutsches Rotes Kreuz, Landesverband Sachsen-Anhalt e.V. GOEUROPE! and Platform e.v.
- Netherlands: Breakthrough Foundation and Stichting JeugdWelzijnsBeraad
- Spain: Asociación Cazalla Intercultural and Asociación de Jóvenes Empresarios de la Comarca del Guadalentín
Duration of the Project
September 2015 – July 2017